Hi, we would like to ask you some questions about APIS IQ (FMEA).
Sure! What kind of questions?
What is the difference between LOCAL license (Node lock license) and a NETWORK license (Server license)?
- LOCAL license (Node lock license): A license issued for the specific computer.
- Customer can use APIS IQ only on this computer.
- NETWORK license (Server license): A license issued for the specific server.
- Customer can use APIS IQ on any computers installed SW in the same network.
By the way, we may sometimes need to use APIS IQ not only at the office but also outside of the office, such as at a customer’s site or at home.
Can we do that?
Yes, there are packages that support the use of outside the office.
~~ [APIS IQ NETWORK license (Server license) + NLX] package ~~
Customer can temporarily use APIS IQ outside of the office by transferring the APIS IQ license from server to the local computer.
*No internet connection is required while using APIS IQ at the local computer outside of the office.
*Customer can define the period when they move the license. (for a maximum of 30 days)
Thank you! I understand it.
Currently, we have two FMEA responsible engineers. If we purchase 1 set license of [APIS IQ NETWORK license (Server license) + NLX], can both of these two engineers use it at the same time?
No. Once server license works for one client.
You can install APIS IQ software for multiple client computers, but multiple users can NOT use APIS IQ at the same time.
< What you can do with the above Example 2>
Scenario: You have one (1) Server license. You installed APIS IQ software for two (2) computers, Client 1 and Client 2.
- While you use APIS IQ with Client 1, you cannot use APIS-IQ with Client 2.
- While you use APIS IQ with Client 2, you cannot use APIS-IQ with Client 1.
- You can use APIS IQ with both Client 1 or Client 2, but not at the same time.
I understand it. Thank you!