CATIA V5-6R2018 SP3 HF 42. What does it mean by V5-6R, SP and HF?
- V5-6: Version which stands for CATIA V5.
- R20**: Release or Minor version. (Example. R2018, R2019, R2020..)
- SP: An abbreviation of Service Pack, which is a minor release including bug-fix and a few additional functions.
- HF: An abbreviation of Hot Fix, which is number of minor bug-fix patch.
Data exchange among different Releases.
Can we exchange CATIA V5 data among different Release, SP or HF of CATIA V5?
- You cannot open data created with newer releases of CATIA.
- You can open data created with the same release of CATIA with different SP or HF.
For example; You use CATIA V5-6R2018 SP2 HF10.
- You can open data created with CATIA V5-6R2018 SP5 HF5 (Same or older Releases).
- You can not open data created with CATIA V5-6R2019 SP5 HF5 (Newer Release).
- If you open data created with CATIA V5-6R2017 and save it with your CATIA, this data becomes CATIA V5-6R2018.
Can we install multiple releases of CATIA V5 to 1 workstation?
- Yes, you can do it as long as you purchase 1 license of CATIA V5.
*Please always make sure to open the right release of CATIA V5 which your partners or customers require.
*To prevent making mistakes in Release, NSS well implement it for you, and tells you how to manage it.