When we talk about Abaqus, “Token” always comes together. What’s “Token”?
“Token” (“Token-based license model”), is a way of licensing of Abaqus.
You can buy certain number of “Token” licenses to use Abaqus.
Let’s see more details with some examples and exercises.
What is “Token” in SIMULIA/Abaqus?
Token (=Token-based license model) is a way of licensing of Abaqus.
For example: “QAX (seat) + QXT (token)” is one of the popular offers of Abaqus.
- How do you count for each:
- QAX* 1 seat (to use GUI of Abaqus/CAE pre-processing, viewing result)
- QXT* 5 tokens (to use Abaqus Solvers (=Products) for calculation & simulation)
(Remarks: Those are sold in pairs, not individually)
How to define the necessary numbers of Token?
It depends on 1) and 2).
1) Depend on what Abaqus Solvers (=Products) you want to use. (The higher-end model of Abaqus Solvers (=Products) you need, the more tokens are required.)
- 5 tokens are required to use Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit
- 10 tokens are required to use Abaqus/AMS and Abaqus/AMS (Standard)
2) Depend on Hardware spec (the number of CPU) for calculation. (The faster calculation with higher spec of server, the more tokens are required.)
- 8 tokens are required to use Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit with calculation server with 4-CPU
- 14 tokens are required to use Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit with calculation server with 12-CPU
Let’s try calculating the numbers of Token!
Question: How many tokens are required to meet the below conditions “1.” and “2.”?
- You need to make Impact analysis or Drop test analysis.
- You use a calculation server with 8-CPU for Abaqus.
→ Calculation steps:
- Step1. To meet “1.”, you need “Abaqus/ Explicit Package”.
- Step2. To use “Abaqus/ Explicit Package”, at least 5 tokens are required.
- Step3. To use Abaqus/ Explicit Package with server with 8-CPU (=“2.”), 12 tokens are required.
Answer: 12 tokens